River Country Co-op is hiring an Agronomist at our Marathon Feed & Grain Location in Marathon, WI. This position is full time with competitive starting wages, full benefits package, and a company vehicle!
Agronomist 70% – sales and service of all agronomy products and technology
- Agronomy sales and service in locations designated.
- Establish a professional agronomy relationship with established and new customers
- Sales calls on prospective customers
- Maintain yourself in a professional manner as outlined in company policies.
- Ability to maintain a working knowledge of agronomy products and services related to the job.
- Work with location management on inventory maintenance and control.
- Responsible for basic billing and counter customer service as needed.
- Weekly sales call reporting via Sales force during off season (August – April).
- Use of VRT (variable rate technology) for appropriation applications
- Soil sampling, analyzing data, and recommending and making applications
- All technical applications of computer programs and application equipment
- Help train location personnel on technology usage
- Tissue sampling to determine fertility deficiencies
- Sweep hay fields and provide agronomic reports to customers
- Work independently and make agronomic decisions to producers on issues
- Ability to do nutrient management plans
- Assist in farm grower meetings, fair booths, rest plots and other meetings as needed
- Diagnose and make recommendations for pests, weeds, or other problems
- Continual education as needed to stay up to date on agronomic programs
- Assist as needed in agronomy as directed by management
Professional Applicator 30% – operation of an applicator machine
- Operation of a dry fertilizer applicator or liquid applicator in season
- Maintain and or acquire a Wis State Pesticide applicators license
- Responsible for timely and accurate application
- Work with shop and management on safety and maintenance on applicator you are operating
- Cleanliness of applicator inside and outside
- Assist as needed during spring season as directed by management
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance