- Manage a full-service Agronomy operation, including dry and liquid fertilizer, seed, seed treatment, crop protection products and custom application.
- Maintain a working knowledge of accounting and inventory systems.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Work with CEO and Vice President of Agronomy to create and manage agronomy location operating budget.
- Work with Vice President of Agronomy to negotiate contract terms & conditions for all product and major services.
- Work with Vice President of Agronomy in product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Work with CEO and Vice President of Agronomy to establish strategic marketing plans to achieve company objectives for Agronomy products & services.
- Evaluate and recommend distribution channel development programs.
- Maintain ongoing communication with CEO, Vice President of Agronomy and Location Managers, to monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient performance and develop all employees.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Ability to understand, teach and perform all operations within the location.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Soil Science or other Agriculture degree program (additional years of Agronomy operations experience may substitute for education)
- Agronomy operations or elevator operations experience
- Experience in Agronomy Operations or Agronomy Sales
- Supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of computer systems