This position will be a full time position working 40 hours per week. Hours will generally run 7am – 3pm, but will vary depending on occupancy and staffing demands of the hotel.
Some holidays and every other weekend are required for this position.
Our ideal candidate will be a leader with a strong customer service mindset. Our candidate will help us to maintain the highest level of guest service possible by going Above & Beyond for all of our guests at all times. As a supervisor you will be one of the main contact points for guest & team member complaints, so your communication skills should be excellent. Our candidate will be able to act proactively to ensure smooth housekeeping operations and team member collaboration. A successful Housekeeping Supervisor should be able to develop and implement strategies to improve the functioning of the housekeeping department. You should also be able to stay calm in stressful situations. Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example in all areas and engaging the team to achieve our guest satisfaction and individual goals.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
· Ensuring compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas, as well as compliance with our Franchised Brand Standards
· Training new and current staff using the company provided training materials.
· Working directly with guests to resolve guest satisfaction issues, including responding to customer complaints and special requests
· Cross-training in front desk, maintenance, and other departments
· Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounging areas, for cleanliness
· Motivating team members and resolving employee conflicts
· Working as a Project Supervisor on company initiatives and preparing monthly reports
· Scheduling staff shifts and finding replacements as necessary
· Investigating and addressing complaints regarding poor housekeeping service
· Regular inventory tracking
· Screening and interviewing housekeeping applicants and recommending promotions, transfers, and dismissals, this will include conducting employee performance reviews
· Performing extra cleaning duties in instances of staff shortage
· Minimum one year in supervisor/management type position
· Minimum one year in housekeeping or hospitality position with hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for a company
· Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products, including cleaning and sanitizing chemicals
· Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
· Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, problem solving, and organizational skills
· High School Diploma
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour