Reporting to the Operations Manager -Owen Mill Complex. Feed Mill Operator is a Non-Exempt position. This is a 1st shift position with typical working hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. The Feed Mill Operator will ensure the safety and efficient manufacturing of animal feed.
River Country Coop Owen Feed Mill division is seeking an individual to effectively and efficiently manufacture high quality feed in a timely manner. This position focuses on producing high quality feed. Qualified individuals must have a positive attitude toward safety, sales, customer service and employee team-work. This position has opportunity for growth within the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows standard operating instructions/procedures in the performance of any and all operator areas, including flushing procedures for batching feed, along with record keeping.
- Experience operating an Agra designed feed mill. Operating System preferred
- Prepares and maintains shift activity reports, tracks production reports, sampling reports, bag dump reports, reconciliations, etc.
- Regulates flow of materials and observes flow to ensure attainment of specified products.
- Perform daily feed, bulk and micro ingredient inventory.
- Perform housekeeping duties as requested by the supervisor, also is responsible to keep is designated area clean and support co-workers in other areas.
- Maintains and ensures the safety of all employees and assets of the company.
- Maintains and ensures the orderliness and housekeeping of control room and load out areas of the feed mill.
- Report all safety and environmental issues immediately to their supervisor.
- Performs other duties as defined by manager/shift supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- The team member is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The team member frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The team member is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather, including extremely hot and extremely cold temperatures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Life/disability insurance
- 401K savings plan
- Paid holidays
- Company provided uniforms
Job Type: Full-time