Our ideal candidate will be a leader with a strong customer service and sales mindset. Our candidate will help us to maintain the highest level of guest service possible by going Above & Beyond for all of our guests at all times, whether it’s at the front desk, or during a sales call. In your role, you will be one of the contact points for guest & team member complaints, so your communication skills should be excellent. Our candidate will be able to act proactively to ensure smooth front desk operations and team member collaboration. A successful candidate should be able to work with the General Manager to develop and implement strategies to improve the functioning of the front desk and housekeeping departments, and manage our sales efforts to help bring more people to our hotel. You should also be able to stay calm in stressful situations. Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example in all areas and engaging the team to achieve our guest satisfaction and individual goals.
This position will require 40 – 50 hours per week working Monday – Friday. Some weekends and holidays may be required.
Candidate will work mainly first shift and swing shifts, some seconds shifts and overnights as needed for the hotel.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
· Ensuring compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas, as well as compliance with our Franchised Brand Standards
· Helping to train new and current staff using the company provided training materials.
· Working directly with guests to resolve guest satisfaction issues, including responding to customer complaints and special requests
· Cross-training in housekeeping, maintenance, and other departments
· Assisting the General Manager to prepare daily and monthly reports.
· Motivating team members and resolving employee conflicts
· Working as a Project Supervisor on small to large-sized company initiatives
· Helping to find replacements for shifts as necessary
· Investigating and addressing complaints regarding poor customer service
· Helping the General Manager evaluate employees and recommend promotions, transfers, and dismissals
· Working regular shifts on the front desk
· Working extra shifts and/or performing extra cleaning duties in instances of staff shortage
· Managing our Corporate accounts including: sales calls, contracts, and invoicing
· Attending networking events
· Managing our online presence through our hotel website, online travel agencies, Facebook, and any other social media platforms we choose to use
· Minimum one year in leadership role
· Minimum one year in hospitality position
· Degree in Sales & Marketing preferred
· Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
· Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products, including sanitizing chemicals
· Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
· Flexibility to come in at moment’s notice if needed to cover a shift
· Flexibility to work long hours when there are networking events, or instances of staff shortage
· Familiar with financial & guest services principles and practices
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, problem solving, and organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time