Agronomist 70% – sales and service of all agronomy products and technology
· Agronomy sales and service in locations designated.
· Establish a professional agronomy relationship with established and new customers
· Sales calls on prospective customers
· Maintain yourself in a professional manner as outlined in company policies.
· Ability to maintain a working knowledge of agronomy products and services related to the job.
· Work with location management on inventory maintenance and control.
· Responsible for basic billing and counter customer service as needed.
· Weekly sales call reporting via Sales force during off season (August – April).
· Use of VRT (variable rate technology) for appropriation applications
· Soil sampling, analyzing data, and recommending and making applications
· All technical applications of computer programs and application equipment
· Help train location personnel on technology usage
· Tissue sampling to determine fertility deficiencies
· Sweep hay fields and provide agronomic reports to customers
· Work independently and make agronomic decisions to producers on issues
· Ability to do nutrient management plans
· Assist in farm grower meetings, fair booths, rest plots and other meetings as needed
· Diagnose and make recommendations for pests, weeds, or other problems
· Continual education as needed to stay up to date on agronomic programs
· Assist as needed in agronomy as directed by management
Professional Applicator 30% – operation of an applicator machine
· Operation of a dry fertilizer applicator or liquid applicator in season
· Maintain and or acquire a Wis State Pesticide applicators license
· Responsible for timely and accurate application
· Work with shop and management on safety and maintenance on applicator you are operating
· Cleanliness of applicator inside and outside
· Assist as needed during spring season as directed by management
Job Type: Full-time